There is a lot of confusion and misinformation in the market place regarding measurement systems and we at CMC would just like to take the time to address these concerns. The iGUIDE system we use is not a “3D Scanning Camera” and we won’t speak to the quality or precision of such systems.
The iGUIDE measurement system has a sophisticated laser scanner that makes thousands of measurements per second used to capture dimensional data of the highest degree of confidence. This data is then reviewed, confirmed, and used to draft floor plans and produce detailed RMS measurements of space by a trained team of iGUIDE drafters and quality assurance personnel. The process is very similar to handheld distance meters used by the conventional floor planners, simply faster and more efficient.
We have measured thousands of properties across Alberta with great confidence and precision and the iGUIDE system has measured tens of thousands of properties world wide.
• iGUIDE uses time-of-flight laser scanning technology with thousands of laser points per second versus a single laser point, used by handheld distance meters
o Therefore, we are able to get a better representation of the entire wall surface and not just a single point
o iGUIDE is also better at representing curved walls and walls with unusual and arbitrary angles
o The iGUIDE system is both sophisticated and reliable because clients are provided the interior measurements, the interior area calculations, the exterior area calculations and the values used in the calculations https://goiguide.com/show
o In conversations with Alberta Authorities, iGUIDE has been praised for the level of defensible detail provided for every home
• The creation of iGUIDE is an efficient marriage of man and machine. Where technology makes the collection and assembly of measurements, area information and floor plans fast, efficient and cost-effective; the process still requires three sets of human, manual trained professionals:
o iGUIDE Operator for the collection of Data
o iGUIDE Drafter for the final assembly of iGUIDEs
o iGUIDE Quality Assurance Captains to ensure the quality of the final product
• iGUIDE is RMS compliant and we have discussed and verified our compliance with the great team at The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
• iGUIDE is part of the Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO), helping set and define standards for the consistent communication and delivery of property measurement information https://www.reso.org/
• iGUIDE is part of the International Property Measurement Standards Coalition (IPMSC) working to establish global consistency in communication and delivery of property measurement information https://ipmsc.org/
We cannot think of a technology or workflow, other that iGUIDE that could deliver all this in such an efficient, consistent and reliable manner.
We are happy to discuss any and all concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us directly at 403-542-3090
Brian Charlton and the entire CMC + iGUIDE Team
Owner: Charlton Media Company Ltd